Monday, September 28, 2009

Damn School

So I didn't really feeling like doin it tonight. Sitting here at school in the room built to house the radio station CJ 106 doin my show, i do feel a little better than i do earlier and its certainly goin better this week than last week. My friend bailed on coming along again for the 2nd week in a row, which is lame. I kinda feel like talking to her about something but it would seem kinda stupid and not something i should be bothering to worry or think about it too much.

I think it annoyed me more b/c i was looking forward to hangin out and was in a bad mood already. From school. School is annoying me highly right now. Kinda feel like I'm just wasting my time and money. Of course let me preface that. Even if I hadn't come back to the school this year, there's a very high likelyhood that I'd still be wasting my time and money anyway. Just be wasting it on something else. So it was pretty confirmed today that the program is moving more towards a tv production sort of realm now rather than news like before. It's really important to them now to show us how to create a tv show idea and pitch it correctly. So we have to come up with a cooking or food related show and do all this synopsis, treatment, whatever crap. I'd have rather done a profile video. This project so far has highly irritated me. I'm not gonna be doing tv show creation and pitches for a living, I'm not creative enough; I'm barely creative enough to even be in this course.

I don't remember if there was anything else I was gonna write, so I'll just end it there. Do check out the new nightmare on elm street trailer, looks kinda badass. Also, new Alice in Chains out tomorrow, fuck yeah.

3 comments:

Chelsea Ribbon said...

Media Pro is moving away from news? Really???

Really really???

Wow, that seems so weird. It's always been about news.

Do people still do the news show at noon? What are the tech-ies doing?

And don't say that you're not creative enough! You have your own radio show. That right there takes creativity. You do things on the fly, you're picking music, I'm assuming you write a bit for your show, or at least research a bit.

There are many different ways to be creative. And because you're taking the third year at ACC, I think that makes you very well-rounded. You are going to have the skills to do a lot more than you think you can do when you combine it all together.

Don't worry about that lame cooking show. It's just one project, right? (It really does sound like a Sherris-Wheel idea haha. Ever since MICA and Media joined forces when I was in second year, I just new something like this would come out of it!)

Jake Hammell said...

You shouldn't get down on yourself for being uncreative. Guaranteed you've got more imagination than you realize. Most people do.
Start taking inspiration from things around, start doodling, start writing on your blog more, start cooking, start walking around Brandon, start reading more, start listening to talk radio more, start doing anything that gets your mind thinking. The more it gets in gear the easier being creative will be!

Personally, I've taken to gambling on horses. Truth be told, I sometimes thing up fantastic stories about the horses and jockeys I bet on. It makes the excitement of the races even more fun.

That's a really interesting direction for ACC Media to have taken. I'm in full agreement that knowing how to create and pitch a show idea is important, but I think the aspects of knowing how to be a journalist and produce news are more applicable to a wider scale of things.

Anyway, give things time, you'll do fine.

BC said...

yeh chelsea, we're still doing the news show november, december, january. Then we're doin cooking shows february, march, april. I may be well rounded but Im forgetful. I tried to help someone with the multi-track studio and couldn't remember how to do it. Plus my radio show I don't write that much for except for picking music and looking up stories online. Thanks for the comments tho