Thursday, February 4, 2010

Work

So I finally got a project done that I had been working on every now and then the last few months. Check it out and let me know what ya think.

It's a composite of 4 movie trailers that I tried to combine into sounding like one. There are a few parts still that could be better but for using what I had available to me I like it. Might work for a demo thing.



This is a spot I made to play on-air when I was talking about new cd releases and I put together I little video to go along with it. I had just seen Paranormal Activity recently and came up with this. Nothing special or hard but the idea amused me.





I'm gonna start at some point on another idea I had. A phony album promo of William Shatner doing spoken-word versions of modern top 40 favorites like Katy Perry or Lady Gaga.

4 comments:

Jake Hammell said...

I got a good chuckle from that jab at Creed!

As for you audio bit, it's okay, but it's tough to put into context what's going since movies previews are so visually dependent, plus there were some really hard edits. You should do some preverbing to blend clips together. That shit makes ANYTHING sound good.

Step 1: Reverse your audio clip
Step 2: Generate a couple of seconds of blank space at the end (formerly the beginning) of your clip
Step 3: Select the very end second of audio (formerly the beginning) where something's happening
Step 4: Apply reverb, make it very wet, mid-length attack time, about .5 seconds long
Step 5: Reverse audio clip again.
Step 6: Prepare to have your mind fucking BLOWN
Step 7: Hit play, it'll sound like the the elf-queen talked in Frodo's vision in The Fellowship of the Rings, really easy, powerful effect, good for transitions

BC said...

yeh i get the context thing. There isn't really a context to it tho. There's no specific story I was going for but it almost sounds like there's one.

Yeh some edits could be better. I'm just using trailers off youtube and the biggest problem is trying to work around the music is in the background. I did my best to use fades and bridge them with other music to try and cover it up.

I couldn't figure out how to do the preverbing. Are you using Audition? I didn't understand what the blank space did or how to get the reverb right.

Jake Hammell said...

Here you go dude, this is a quick youtube vid of how to do preverb. It gives you the basics, and once you know how to do that you'll be able to do some easy, heavily exaggerated preverbing.

This commercial is one that I had to make a really hard edited opening, so to make it sound not fucking awful, I just did some preverb at the start. Have a listen and you'll hear what I mean.

http://hammelltime.blogspot.com/2009/09/huge-contest-is-coming-up-at-my-station.html

Jake Hammell said...

Whoops, forgot to post the preverb vid link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TCNY9MLhnM